Designer doggie doorbell for potty breaks

When my five year old dog was a puppy, I took her to obedience school. We were taught to hang a bell from a piece of floss or string from the doorknob at our dog's snout level. We were instructed to place peanut butter on the bell and let the dog lick it each time we let it out to potty. Let me tell you--this trick definitely taught my baby to ring a bell when she has to go out.

Poochie Bells (http://www.poochie-pets.net, $16.50) to the rescue! Now when Skyy has to go outside, she doesn't stand by the door and wait for me to notice her. She simply nudges the Poochie Bell with her nose or paw and I come running. I think I'm actually the one who is trained--not the dog!

Copyright © 2008 - Chic a la Mode - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template